As a new business owner, there are several financial aspects that you need to consider:
- determine how to compute the funding you will need to get started
- learn how to project your future financial results realistically
- manage your cash flow
- keep your accounting records
- understand what taxes you and your business will need to pay
Proper management of finances is crucial to any business's success and a special set of skills is needed. Join us to learn how to ensure you build a business right from the start so that it will grow and be profitable.
If you have ever thought about starting your own business, we have a FREE four part series in January that will guide you through all of the key elements of turning that dream into a reality. Also consider this series if you already have a business that could use a boost.
This series is perfect for aspiring and emerging business owners. The presenters have decades of business experience in the topics they teach. Our goal is to provide you with the background you need to get started on the path to success, even during these COVID-challenged times. Our Essentials of Starting a Business Curriculum is being offered Saturday mornings in January and includes:
- ESB1 - Creating a Quick Business Plan - Jan 8th
- ESB2 - Successfully Starting Your Business - Jan 15th
- ESB3 - Successfully Marketing Your Business - Jan 22nd
- ESB4 - Managing Finances for a New Business - Jan 29th
Please register for the other segments (ESB1, ESB2, and ESB3) by going to https://northcentralflorida.score.org/content/take-workshop-77
We encourage you to take all of them but you can select specific topics if you prefer. Optionally, you will also find it helpful to line up a free SCORE mentor to guide you as you go through the series. You can sign up for a mentor at https://northcentralflorida.score.org/find-mentor-69 .